Monday, March 17, 2008

Hello... Anybody out there?!

Hey Ladies... 
What do ya say 
we get this blog rollin' again - 
I was loving it but where did everybody go?! - 
Maybe everyone else got themselves 
all organized or something - 
but I am still in the works?


This week I would like to give a shout out to 
"REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE"
I am not a big fan of magazine subscriptions - 
I think they just clutter up my house or 
you read them and then throw them away - what a waste - 
I just assume look at most things on the net- but that is just me - 
but I do subscribe to this one - 
It always has amazing organizational tips - 
Great simple decorating ideas - 
and usually has a couple of great recipes - 


The article I am loving in this months issue - Is called...

TOO MUCH STUFF...
A look at your love hate relationship 
with the possessions that surround you, 
and how to liberate yourself from unnecessary clutter.


Top six causes of clutter

1. Obligation
"if I get rid of this wedding vase, I'll feel guilty."

2. Some Day
"But I might need seven sleeping bags one day"

3. Might be worth something 
(Someday again)
"I think this brooch/chair/ugly knicknack might be valuable again"

4. Procrastination (no home for things)
"If I put the bills away I'll never pay them on time"

5. Just the right place for you beloved Junk to go to
"I want this chartreuse MUUMUU to go to a good home"

6. No Motivation
" I want to declutter, but can't get motivated"



I think sometimes half the solution to any problem 
with any thing is realizing why you have the problem  
( in this case clutter)
I think it just gets you thinking about 
ways to make your problem better 
or make it dissappear!


Tips i enjoyed from the article...

Spot treat areas of clutter - 
Keys, pens, cell phones, and tubes of lip balm 
can swallow up a counter top - 
Dedicate a basket or shelf to them


Accept your lifestyle - I love the idea of a totally clutter free 
home, like the ones you see in "Architectural digest", but it 
is not us! My biggest fear is that I will spend so much time 
trying to clean and straighten up that I will be too cranky 
to enjoy life!


"splurge on high quality item - 
not things you'll need to toss in six months.


Recycle Junk Mail as soon as it comes in- the quickest way to 
feel cluttered is to have stacks of unneeded papers lying around

it's Ok to toss - or pass on- 
that shampoo or lotion you tried but hated - 
REALLY


Do you have any quick clutter reducing tips 
you use that you would like to share?

Let us Know...
Blog to ya soon
haha

Chris Stokes


Ps - Another great place to read about this topic is here...   or here...



No comments: